Showplace is an employee-owned company that manufactures fine cabinetry in Harrisburg and Beresford, SD. Showplace is a national brand sold through a nationwide network of dealers. Showplace managers are strongly committed to growing our own future by helping you grow yours. Every effort is made to promote from within and help employee-owners move up the ranks.
The Safety Specialist must create and maintain a safe and healthy work environment through the implementation of safety and ergonomic programs to reduce or eliminate unsafe conditions. The Safety Specialist is also responsible to ensure the company is in compliance with local, state and federal safety rules and regulations.
- Formulate general health and safety policies and procedures to be followed by company personnel in compliance with local, state and federal OSHA rules and regulations.
- Maintain safety department files and records.
- Coordinate and facilitate the company safety committee and conduct regular meetings to communicate safety hazards and violations.
- Maintain safety audit program
- Conduct annual safety training for all employees required by law
- Inspect and tour company properties to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards and recommend corrective or preventative measure where indicated.
- Investigate accidents to identify causes or to determine how such accidents might be prevented in the future.
- Inspect or evaluate workplace environments, equipment or practices to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations.
- Develop or maintain hygiene programs, such as noise surveys
- Analyze incident data to identify trends in injuries, accidents or other hazards.
- Maintain or update emergency response plans or procedures
- Inspect specified areas to ensure the presence of fire prevention equipment, safety equipment or first aid supplies.
- Approve new equipment for safety and confirm labeling and markings are good before equipment is used on production floor. Further ensure that suitable training has been provided for associates to run such equipment.
- Evaluate job positions and eliminate hazards
- Maintain Job Hazard Analysis
Computer, Miscellaneous technical meters/tools
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding of safety rules and regulations set forth by local, state and federal laws. Must have strong leadership skills and ability to effectively enforce policies, procedures and best practices.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in written form. Ability to read and comprehend documents, simple instructions and product labels. Must be able to work and communicate with a diverse group of people and individuals.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to complete assigned tasks in a professional and timely manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of worker’s compensation.
- Proficient in computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Current and valid driver’s license
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 10 Hour OSHA Certification
- First Aid/CPR/AED Certification
- A.S or B.S in Occupational Health and Safety or related field
- 1-3 years of experience in a Safety role, preferably in a manufacturing setting
Continuous training regarding OSHA regulations and safety practices.
Personal Protective Equipment:
Safety glasses when in plant
- ESOP employee ownership
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- No-cost disability insurance
- Wellness programs
- On-site fitness center with certified personal trainer
- No-cost on-site medical care
- On-site cafeteria
- Employee discounts
- 401k plan
Employment Type: Full Time
Work Hours: Day Shift
1 Enterprise St
Harrisburg, SD 57032